Our goal in launching AuthorPortal.com back in early 2013 was to improve the collaboration between authors and publishers thereby enhancing relationships, cutting costs, and helping authors sell more books. To the best of our knowledge MetaComet is still the only company offering a true author portal. So as we knew at the time, being on the cutting edge meant taking some guesses as to what our customers would want. We got most of them right and a few of them wrong. But the wonderful thing about having two years of experience is that our great customers have given us tremendous feedback. To that end, over the last year, we have added several high-value new features. Here’s a list of many of these features that you can find in AuthorPortal.com:
- Ability to send emails to all your authors
- Need to send a message to all of your authors? Now you can. Post the message as a “News” Entry, and select the new “Send to All Authors” check box.
- Ability to comment on documents
- In addition to sharing documents, you can now comment on them. For example, if an author would like to change a term in the contract, rather than upload a new version, they can just add a comment and the publisher will receive an email.
- The comment threads are available for all owners and recipients of the document.
- Ability to share documents globally with all of your authors
- Author Questionnaire enhancements, including Project Level Questionnaires and Rich Text
- Previously, there was only one author questionnaire per author. If an author had multiple books, they would need to adjust the questionnaire for the latest book. Now you can set up a questionnaire for their personal information, and then one for each project.
- Customizable Email Text for New Authors and Added Documents
- Optionally control the look of emails sent to authors when they are first signed up, and when they receive new documents or communications.
- Private documents that aren’t shared with authors or publishers
- Now you can post documents that are for internal use only. If you are a publisher, you can save files that may only be needed internally. As an author, you can save files, such as drafts, that you may not yet be ready to share with your publisher.
- Assigning a Primary Contact to Projects
- Publishers can now indicate who the “owner” of a project is, directing communications related to that project to that person. For example, acquisition editors can be set up to receive any AuthorPortal.com related messages for a specific project, rather than sending the message to all parties.
- More interactive help
- Need a better explanation of a feature? Look at all the new help bubbles!
- Improvements to User Interface
- Thank you for your feedback! Hopefully things are even easier to use.
- Contract Term Integration with Royalty Tracker
- Improved Author Contact Integration with Royalty Tracker
- Bug Fixes
We also made a few changes behind the scenes. We hope you enjoy the updates. And stay tuned for a lot more to come. Finally, we welcome suggestions. Please email Zack Lapponese at firstname.lastname@example.org with ideas for enhancements or new features, or if you are interested in a demo.
To learn more about AuthorPortal.com and to sign up online, please visit www.AuthorPortal.com.