Information We Collect and How We Use It
In order to provide our products or services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information You Provide. When you request additional information about or register for our services, we ask you for personal information. The information we collect varies based on what you are signing up for. In some cases, we may just collect your name and email address. In other cases, we may request additional information, including, but not limited to, your telephone number, information about your business and your country of residence. The amount and type of information we collect will vary from time to time based on our business needs, but it is our goal to collect only the information that we need. We collect this information for a variety of reasons, including MetaComet’s effort to inform you of upgrades, changes in service, special offers, newsletters and other products and services in which you may be interested.
- Credit Card Information. We will ask you to provide your credit card and billing information when you purchase our services on our website or order them over the phone through our corporate sales department. Where MetaComet utilizes third party payment processors, your credit card information will be disclosed to such third parties in order to verify card validity and process your transaction. We will securely store credit card information where necessary to process automatic renewals of subscription products that you purchase.
- Marketing. We will not disclose any information to third parties that could be used to personally identify you. Anonymous information may be shared and used to gauge the usefulness and popularity of our web pages, or certain links to or from our website. During those times when we participate in promotions and contests in conjunction with other companies, with the intent to share personal information, we will indicate this in our contest rules.
- Contacting You. MetaComet may contact you to provide you with information concerning your account, your transactions with MetaComet, your use of our services, including any software updates, without your specific consent. Please be aware that by accepting any of our trial offers, you agree to receive several related follow-up emails. Unless you instruct us otherwise, MetaComet may also contact you with commercial information about products, services, promotions, contests, or other activities or offerings that may be of interest to you. You may be able to otherwise indicate your desire to obtain information about a particular offering by other means (such as an email request).
- MetaComet User Community. Any information that is disclosed in a blog or blog comment becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
- Log Information. When you visit MetaComet.com, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Providing our services, including the display of customized content;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network;
- Protecting the rights or property of MetaComet or our users; and
- Developing new services.
MetaComet processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America and in other countries. In some cases, we process personal information on a server outside your own country. We may process personal information to provide our own services.
Choices for Personal Information
When you sign up for a particular product or service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some MetaComet features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
We do not require that you provide MetaComet with personal information. The decision to provide personal information is voluntary. If you do not wish to provide the personal information requested, however, you may not be able to proceed with the activity or receive the benefit for which the personal information is being requested. To exercise any opt out rights under applicable laws, please notify MetaComet of your desire to do so at support/at/metacomet.com or at the following address:
29 College Street
South Hadley, MA 01075
It may take a reasonable period of time to process your request.
MetaComet only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of MetaComet in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of MetaComet, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.